Friday, June 09, 2006

halfway mark

So, I am three weeks into the weight loss bet and we had our halfway weigh-in this morning.

I'm happy to report that I have lost exactly half the weight.

I need to lose 4 more pounds in 3 weeks. I think I need to ramp things up for the remaining time because I'm worried that it might be harder to lose the remaining weight.

Here's what I did for the first 3 weeks:

1. Walk 5 mornings a week
2. Cut down to one carb (bread, pasta, potato) a day
3. Drink more water

I don't know if I can eliminate carbs completely. I like them SO MUCH. Eh, it's only 3 weeks. I can do anything for 3 weeks.

So, the plan for the next 3 weeks:

1. Walk every day
2. No carbs (maybe 2 a week? I've got to have something, people!)
3. Drink more water

And, in the final week, I think I'm going to try to cut out as much salt as possible to lose any water weight. My friend Christine said I should also cut out Diet Coke to lose more water weight, but who are we kidding?

This is going to be really tough. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could do that crazy Cayenne Detox Diet for the last few days -- you know, when you just drink lemon and cayenne and maple syrup for a few days. I could never suggest this if it weren't for a bet, but I don't think it would hurt you, it would just suck.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home