Saturday, February 04, 2006

thanks, but no thanks

I keep meaning to write about this, so here goes.

Over the holidays I got a direct mail flier unlike any other I've ever received. For starters, it was in a greeting card envelope, but inside was just a small rectangle of cardstock, about twice the size of a business card.

I haven't gotten my act together on scanning/uploading images, so I am just going to quote the card verbatim, because there is no other way to fully appreciate it:


Give Yourself the Best Present for Hanukkah!
Have a Baby!


Your Biological Clock is Ticking.
You know you want
at least one child.
Don't wait until
it is too late.

Jewish male mensan, brilliant musician, spiritual giant, quick-witted, occasionally humble, strong family history, interested in finding a Jewish woman with whom to have a child.

______________________________

There is a picture of a baby to accompany this text and it is the most Aryan looking baby ever.

And yes, there is a website. When you go to www.drderek.net/perkins (and I know you won't be able to help yourself) you won't find any mention of this baby-making scheme. Instead it sends you to a site all about a guy who plays the shofar in a Jewish band.

I have two questions:

1. What the hell kind of mailing list am I on? Loser Jews?

2. Is this all some crazy scheme for this guy to book gigs for his band?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrie, I would pay good money for you to bring him to seder this year. Seriously.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home