Friday, November 18, 2005

only in LA

So, because we work for a poker show and have access to a snazzy table, chips, a regulation timer and official dealer buttons, another company in the building likes to have poker tournaments with us. Our second tournament was last night and it went pretty well -- I finished second which paid out nicely (although I had to pay out to my co-workers since we all took a piece of each other and I'm the only one who made the money. Sigh.)

When I walked in to their office last night, I looked around trying to recognize who I'd played with at our last tournament and, as I'm mentally going around the room, I'm thinking "ok, his name is Jay, he's Dave, that guy is Mark or maybe Matt, hey that guy looks familiar, did he play last time? No, it's Macaulay Culkin." Yes, I played poker with a Culkin. Not just a Culkin. THE Culkin. He's actually a pretty good player. He probably would have done better against a better field of players, but our table was full of crazy callers and he tried to bluff and push a little more than he should.

Truthfully, I didn't play great either. I've got a major leak right now where I'm not getting good value on my winning hands. I keep scaring people out of the pot instead of letting them bet into me. I think playing so much on the internet is screwing me up because my first instinct is always to just take down the pot and get out rather than risk a chaser hitting his miracle two-outer.

But enough about my boring poker problems. Macaulay Fucking Culkin was at my poker game last night! Life is good.

Surreal, but good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get. OUT! That's rad.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home