Sunday, November 27, 2005

the juice is loose

I went back east to see my parents for the holiday and had a nice, relaxing visit. One really funny thing happened. Prior to my visit, my mom made a grocery shopping list and gave it to my dad. One of the things on the list was Orange Juice. My dad couldn't remember if my mom liked pulp in her OJ or not and he ended up picking wrong. He also bought a much bigger thing of pineapple juice than my mom needed for a recipe. She decided to return the OJ and the pineapple juice to the store. My parents are the only people I know who regularly return things to the grocery store. I know when I buy something from Pavillions and it turns out to be the wrong thing (I' ve accidentally bought Vanilla Diet Coke instead of the regular Diet Coke, for example), I just suck it up and either use what I bought or throw it out and eat the cost. Not my parents.

So, anyway, my mom returned the OJ & the pineapple juice on Wednesday morning. Later that day, my dad said to my mom, "So, I see you returned the orange juice." My mom said that she had indeed. My dad dropped the bomb -- he had already drunk two big glasses of OJ from the carton. My mom returned used juice!

I hope she doesn't get black-balled from the grocery store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home