Thursday, June 01, 2006

the bet

So, I'd stalled out on my diet and exercise plan. My morning workout schedule was a thing of the past and I was eating everything in sight.

That's when my boss at work suggested THE BET.

The goal is to lose 6% of your body weight in 6 weeks.

If you lose the weight, you owe nothing.

If you don't make your goal, you pay $100, to be split amongst the people who did lose the 6 percent.

There are six of us in this thing, so the best possible outcome is that I make the goal and nobody else does. That would make me 8 pounds lighter and $500 richer, but the truth is I'd be happy just to lose the weight.

We're at the end of week 2 and I think I'm doing well. I've cut way down on the carbs and I've walked 5 mornings each week. I feel a little thinner.

It would be much easier to tell if I owned a scale...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh - I am intrigued by the rules of The Bet. If I gave it a try, I'd have to lose eight pounds as well. Hmm.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home