Friday, August 05, 2005

mega schmega

So, they are coming out with new "Mega" M&Ms that are 55% bigger than standard M&Ms. I have two problems with this.

1. The world does not need differently sized M&Ms. They are the perfect size already. I can tolerate the mini M&Ms because people are programmed to love anything tiny. (I, myself, have fallen under the spell of the tiny diet coke cans.) We don't need a bigger M&M. We don't want a bigger M&M. The whole point of the M&M is that it is exactly enough candy to satisfy, either individually or by the handfull. The "Mega" version just gives the consumer less flexibility in portion size.

2. I dispute the use of the descriptor "Mega." The new candy is only going to be half again as big as the current one. That's just not big enough to warrant "Mega."

My final analysis: The only thing lamer than this new version of M&M is the fact that I've spent this much brainpower thinking about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Olivia Pidwell said...

I fear a larger M&M might bring me more joy than I can handle right now. Or I might get aggravated at less M&M's in a bag, even though they are bigger.

I can't wait to experiment!

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home