Thursday, June 02, 2005

make it stop

At the beginning of May, I got home from a business trip and promptly fell ill. Obviously, I contracted some tourist-carried virus. I was sick for about a week -- the usual fun times: fever, chills, aches, sore throat, coughing, etc. My doctor prescribed antibiotics over the phone, even though we both were pretty sure I had a virus and they wouldn't do anything. I don't know if it was the drugs or the placebo effect or the bug had just run its course, but I started to feel better almost immediately. My energy came back, my fever went away and I was back to my usual self. EXCEPT.

I cannot stop coughing. I feel fine, but everyone constantly asks if I'm okay as I hack away at my desk, in the grocery store, everywhere. I appreciate the concern, but I think most of my coworkers are getting sick of listening to me and the cough that will not die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home